Here in good old Australia, it is summer. and that means at least 2 stations showing tennis, one for golf, one for cricket and another for all those great re runs of that
some how we all missed. Through out the rest of the year, just gone.
Ohhh! and one that if it plays that commercial ad naseum for there ‘up and coming’ wonderful reality ( read a shameless plug for all your sponsors show. Hardly any building plenty of edited fighting) renovation show. I will be writing to the TV Ombudsman and complaining. Do you hear me???? PLEEAAASSSEEE we know already how ‘your show works’…..
BUT I am definitely enjoying :
- Hot in Cleveland. What a stellar cast . Best of all it is quite humorous and being of that age group I do get all the dating jokes. On a small tangent form that is all the great shows all those gals were in before – Frasier, Just Shoot me, Golden Girls and… oops brain freeze. forgot the other one.
- Rules of Engagement . David Spade is wonderful as Russell and i love the sidekick guy, again forgot his name but the British guy always picking up after Mr Dunbar.
- CSI and its franchises. Here in Aust. they used to be on Sunday night, then some ‘brilliant’ programmer decided to split them up over differing nights and time slots. Thus I lost track of the story lines especially when Marg Helgenberger left and Ted Danson arrived. In CSI Miami I, totally lost the story line about the time Horatio went to Brazil chasing some cartel.
- NCIS, Charmed, JAG, Poirot, Silent Witness, Waking the Dead, Cold Case, Rizzioli and Isle, Chicago? ( the one about the firemen), Blue Bloods, The Indian Doctor, Downtown Abbey, Person of Interest, N3mbers with that cute guy as maths nerd, and of course Big Bang Theory.
- Some eps. of Sex and the city, Auction Hunters, American restoration, and Becker.
- Now for the learned bit:
- I am thoroughly enjoying any TV show that has :- Mega in its title. I mean how cool is the way some of the worlds most amazing buildings are though up, designed and constructed. Or the projects like bridges across great expanses of water, airports etc.
- Grand Designs with the charming Kevin MacCloud. It is interesting why people do not want a stock standard house to live in and the budgets. whew!!
- Anything that is David Attenborough. I can never learn enough about the animals on this planet. Wished we had sociology and geography classes like that in high school. * Honorable mention to Martin Clunes for the History of Dogs series.
- * and also the guys who do shows like History of Britain / Scotland/ France etc.
- Great Cooking shows. yum all that food. I have fallen in love with you – Rick Stein, Luke Van Nygen, Anthony Carlucii, Hugh from River Cottage, Nigella, Heston Blumenthal, Sammy D and his mate that munch their way through the USA, and the guy who does Man V Food.
- Our SBS and ABC because it seems they have some great show lately. Including my favorite sports show – The Dakar Rally – OK it is Motorsport but every year the photography of South America has me glued to the daily eps. and round ups. Even more so this year because a guy from oz was competing.
- Best of all is my all year favorite : Antiques Roadshow…....history, old stuff, new stuff, money, people, locations and just all round easy to watch fascinating TV.
So I have my summer pegged. I realise it is winter for most of you but am I right?? or Am I right?? some of this stuff is great to watch.